Your purchase of this solution contains 10 DIFFERENT discussion response options for this week’s prompt so you’ll have different ideas to use.
For any discussion with Option 1 and Option 2 prompts, the solution contains answers to both prompts.
All the provided responses are tutor-verified for top quality!
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options, and label the beginning of your post indicating either Option 1 or Option 2:
- Option 1: List the ways in which contemporary presidential campaigns have used social media as a campaign tool. Do you consider social media as a successful tool? Explain your answer. Do you see social media as an unsuccessful tool? Explain your answer and provide examples.
- Option 2: There are numerous discussions involving the Electoral College. There are some people that want to abolish the electoral college while others want to keep it. What do you think? Keep the electoral college or abolish it? Explain the reasons for your choice.
Be sure to make connections between your ideas and conclusions and the research, concepts, terms, and theory we are discussing this week.
For a little more information about the Electoral College, I found this interesting analysis by a Mathematics Professor who looked at the Electoral College and how it correlates to the voters in the Presidential election. https://theconversation.com/whose-votes-count-the-least-in-the-electoral-college-74280
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapters 5, 6 and 10
- Lesson: Read this Week’s Lesson which is located in the Modules tab
- Initial Post: minimum of 2 scholarly sources (must include your textbook for one of the sources). Follow-Up Post: minimum of 1 scholarly source for your Follow-Up Post.
- Your Initial Post and your Follow-Up Post must be based on the same Option that you chose in order to receive credit for both posts.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to the same Option you chose for your Initial Post (i.e., if you chose Option 1 for your Initial Post, your Follow-Up Pst should also be for Option 1).
Respond to at least one peer. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
Minimum of 1 scholarly source which can include your textbook or assigned readings or may be from your additional scholarly research.
Remember to use an internal and external citation in your primary post and any citation in your follow-up post. Also, try to make your first post before Thursday (not mandatory).
Don’t forget to look over the discussion rubric as a reference when you are writing your discussion posts.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source) for your Initial Post, and 1 scholarly source for your Follow-Up Post.
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
Course Outcomes (CO):
1, 5, 6
Due Date for All Posts: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
Posts must be on separate days.
Discussion Response 1
Hi professor and class.
I chose to discuss option 1.
Indeed, social media has become commonplace in political campaigns with evidence of this particularly spanning over the last decade of campaigns. There are different ways that social media has been used as …………….. (Purchase the solution to access this and 9 MORE discussion responses to this week’s prompt – I have verified all the responses for quality guarantee!).