Your purchase of this solution contains 10 DIFFERENT discussion response options for this week’s prompt so you’ll have different ideas to use.
All the provided responses are tutor-verified for top quality!
Our discussion will utilize current events in healthcare policy by way of Twitter. As nurses, it is important to be aware and understand how healthcare policies are impacting our communities and those we care for. I hope you find this to be another engaging discussion! #Week5 #healthcare policy #onestepclosertoBSN
Healthcare policies impact all populations. Now, with the use of social media, policies involvement and awareness are rising.
- Take a moment to review the Twitter feed for compelling Tweets that are related to healthcare policy and are directly impacting your community or those you care for.
- Give an overview of a policy or potential policy. Include how it could impact your community or those you care for positively negatively.
- Next, discuss the importance that interdisciplinary collaboration would have related to the policy.
- Then, identify any ethical concerns it raises for you and why.
- Compose a 280-character or fewer Tweet that describes what you have shared with the class. Remember Twitter only allows 280 characters (this include spaces, etc.) so you will need to be concise. It should include a hashtag. Include a reference URL if applicable. Share this Tweet in the discussion. (Note: A Twitter account is not required).
- Your discussion post should look like:
- Paragraph one: overview of the policy or potential policy. Include how it could impact your community or those you care for positively negatively.
- Paragraph two: Discuss the importance that interdisciplinary collaboration would have related to the policy.
- Paragraph three: Identify any ethical concerns it raises for you and why
- Paragraph four: Compose a Tweet that describes what you have shared with the class.
- Resources: Where did you find your data?
- Example Tweet: Medications should be affordable. #pharmaceuticaltransparency #nursesunit #advocate https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-releases/cms-takes-action-lower-prescription-drug-prices-and-increase-transparency
The purpose of this discussion is for learners to discuss how healthcare policies impact population health.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO5 Utilize a collaborative approach to address factors that influence population health (PO2)
CO6 Examine collaborative trends in community health nursing (PO2)
- During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Sunday the end of the assigned week):
- Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
- Posts in the discussion on two different days
- Social Media discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers using a social media platform as inspiration. In the social media discussions, students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources and social media postings
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Best Practices include:
- Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
- Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
- Select different classmates for your reply each week.
To view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric. See Syllabus for Grading Rubric Definitions.
Discussion Response 1
Overview of the potential policy
A problem I identified in my Twitter feed on healthcare in Brooklyn (and New York) is the broken system for educating children considered as having “emotional disabilities”, especially those coming from poor backgrounds. The specific ……………… (Purchase to access this and 9 MORE discussion responses to this week’s prompt – I have verified all the responses for quality guarantee!).