- Carefully read these directions and the grading rubric below.
- Download the required template below under Template.
- Rename that template as Your Last Name Professional Paper.docx. This must be saved as a Microsoft Word document (.docx). Save it to your own computer or flash drive in a location where you will be able to retrieve it later. Type your assignment directly on the saved document. Save your work often.
- View the Week 6 Professional Paper Tutorial below.
- In the NR351 Announcements, locate the announcement entitled IMPORTANT: Assigned Article for Weeks 4 & 6 Assignments. In this announcement you will find:
- The link to the assigned article (you must be logged into the Chamberlain Library before clicking the link). Download this article in PDF format to your own computer for use in this assignment. Read the entire article once downloaded and saved.
- The location of the required sentence for the quotation and citation.
- The location of the required sentence for paraphrasing and citation.
- NOTE: This is the same article used for the Week 4 Professional Paper Worksheet.
- This assignment must use the required article stated in the announcement described above to complete the following items:
- Title Page
- Explain that this paper is a summary of the assigned article
- Explain that the impact of the article contents on your own future practice will be presented
- Length of Introduction must be 50-75 words
- Assigned Article Summary
- Clearly summarize the major content of the assigned article. This should be an improved version of your Week 4 submission.
- One or two short quotations with citations (must include the assigned sentence for quotation)
- Several paraphrased areas with citations (must include the assigned sentence for paraphrasing)
- Length must be 175-200 words
- Impact of Assigned Article Content on Future Practice
- Clearly state how learning from the assigned article will impact your future practice
- Must be your own ideas about the impact of the article on your future nursing practice
- Use first person in this section
- No citations are needed in this section
- Length must be 125-150 words
- Write a concise summary of the main points of the paper
- Provide a concluding statement
- Length must be 75-100 words
- Reference for the assigned article should be a revised version of the Week 4 reference improved based on your instructor’s Week 4 feedback. Include the following:
- Article title
- Journal name
- Volume number
- Issue number
- Page numbers
- Double line spacing
- Hanging indent
- DOI if available
- Each of required items above is clearly described on the Professional Paper Template and Rubric (below on this page).
- When your Week 6 Professional Paper Assignment is completed, save and close the completed template. Follow the submission instructions at the top of this page to upload your assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the learner to demonstrate good organization, appropriate scholarly writing, and correct APA formatting in writing a professional paper.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 3: Demonstrate effective communication and interprofessional collaboration in professional decision-making. (POs 3, 4)
- CO 4: Apply concepts of ethics and professionalism to nursing practice, nursing roles, and academic development. (POs 5, 6)
Sunday end of Week 6, 11:59 p.m. MT.
Late Assignment Policy
If the assignment is not submitted by due date, a late deduction will be applied. See rubric below.
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
- Use the template provided. Points will be deducted for incorrect or no template used.
- Contact your instructor with any questions.
Scholarly Sources and Citations
- Cite and reference the required article in APA format
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
NR351 W6 Professional Paper Assignment Rubric
|NR351 W6 Professional Paper Assignment Rubric
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Title Page
Title page adheres to APA format
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Margins, Headings, Page numbers, Font, Spacing:
Margins, headings, headers, font, and spacing adhere well to APA format.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Introduction:
Clearly explains that paper is summary of the assigned article and explains that the impact of article contents on own future professional nursing practice. Length is 50-75 words.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Assigned Article Summary:
Clearly summarizes the major content of the assigned article using 175-200 words. Content includes main ideas from across the entire article. Specifics are excellent. The Summary contains appropriately formatted assigned quotation, assigned paraphrased sentence, additional paraphrased areas, and citations. Excellent revisions from Week 4 Professional Paper Worksheet based on Week 4 instructor feedback.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Impact of Assigned Article on Future Practice:
Clearly states how learning from the article will impact your future practice in 125-150 words clearly relating article contents to practice. Uses first person.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Conclusion:
Clearly writes a concise summary of this paper. Clearly writes a strong concluding statement. No new information included. Section is 75-100 words.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Reference for the Assigned Article:
Create a reference for the assigned article using correct APA format including: author(s), year, article title, journal name, volume number, issue number, page numbers, italics, parentheses, punctuation, double line spacing, and hanging indent. Include DOI if available.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Quotation(s) and Citation(s):
Types 1 or 2 short quotations from assigned article including assigned sentence using correct APA citation including quotation marks, names of author(s), year, page abbreviation, page numbers, parentheses, and punctuation with 0-1 minor error. Did not use words or ideas that the authors cited from another source.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Paraphrased Areas and Citations:
Paraphrased Areas and Citations:
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Mechanics and Organization:
Excellent mechanics and organization with minimal errors of the following: – well organized and logical, – correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling, – professional wording is used, – uses complete sentences, – paragraphs are linked together logically, and main ideas expressed.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Late Deduction
|Total Points: 225