- Carefully read these directions and the grading rubric below.
- Download the required template below under Template.
- Rename that template as Your Last Name Professional Paper Worksheet.docx. This must be saved as a Microsoft Word document (.docx). Save it to your own computer or flash drive in a location where you will be able to retrieve it later. Type your assignment directly on the saved document. Save your work often.
- View the Week 4 Professional Paper Worksheet Tutorial below.
- In the NR351 Announcements, locate the announcement entitled IMPORTANT: Assigned Article for Weeks 4 & 6 Assignments. In this announcement you will find:
- The link to the assigned article (you must be logged into the Chamberlain Library before clicking the link). Download this article in PDF format to your own computer for use in this assignment. Read the entire article once downloaded and saved.
- The location of the required sentence for the quotation and citation.
- The location of the required sentence for paraphrasing and citation.
- This assignment must use the required article and sentences stated in the announcement described above to complete the following items:
- Reference for the assigned journal article,
- Quotation with citation,
- Paraphrased area with citation, and
- Assigned article summary.
- Each of required items above is clearly described on the Professional Paper Worksheet Template. Page numbers for resources in the current APA Manual are provided on the template for your use.
- The Assigned Article Summary that you write must be 175-200 words. The Summary must contain the assigned sentence for quotation and citation as noted in the announcement, the assigned sentence for the paraphrased area with citation as noted in the announcement, several additional paraphrased areas, and appropriately formatted citations. You may also include one more short quotation if you wish.
- When your Professional Paper Worksheet Assignment is completed, save and close the completed template. Click the Submit button at the top of this page to upload your completed assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the learner to demonstrate good organization, appropriate scholarly writing, and correct APA format for preparing a professional paper.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 3: Demonstrate effective communication and interprofessional collaboration in professional decision-making. (POs 3, 4)
- CO 4: Apply concepts of ethics and professionalism to nursing practice, nursing roles, and academic development. (POs 5, 6)
Sunday end of Week 4, 11:59 p.m. MT.
Late Assignment Policy
If the assignment is not submitted by due date, a late deduction will be applied. See rubric below.
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
- Use the template provided. Points will be deducted for incorrect or no template used.
- Contact your instructor with any questions.
Scholarly Sources and Citations
- Cite and reference the required article in APA format
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
NR351 W4 Professional Paper Worksheet Assignment Rubric
|NR351 W4 Professional Paper Worksheet Assignment Rubric
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Reference for Assigned Journal Article:
Create a reference for the assigned article using correct APA format including: author(s), year, article title, journal name, volume number, issue number, page numbers, italics, parentheses, punctuation, double line spacing, and hanging indent. Include DOI if available.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Quotation with Citation:
Type the assigned quotation from the assigned article using correct APA format including quotation marks, names of author(s), year, page abbreviation, page number, parentheses, and punctuation.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Paraphrased Area and Citation:
Type appropriately paraphrased version of the assigned sentence using correct APA format including names of
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Assigned Article Summary:
Clearly summarizes the major content of the assigned article using 175-200 words. Content includes main ideas from across the entire article. Specifics are excellent. The Summary must contain appropriately formatted assigned quotation, assigned paraphrased sentence and other paraphrased areas, and citations.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Template Use
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Late Deduction
|Total Points: 175