By purchasing this solution, you get 10 DIFFERENT discussion response options for this week’s prompt so you’ll have different ideas to use.
All the provided answers are tutor-verified for quality!
We begin our journey into discovering the new world of research and evidence-based practice (EBP) by exploring our past. After completing the required readings and lesson, answer the following:
- Explain how research has evolved since the Florence Nightingale era.
- Discuss how research and EBP are different; include how you believe research supports EBP for nursing.
- Describe one past/historical unethical breach of research conduct; then, share how you would ensure care of a study participant using one ethical or legal research consideration (guideline/principle).
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 3: Identify ethical issues common to research involving human subjects. (PO 6)
- CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 & 8)
- During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Sunday the end of the assigned week):
- Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
- Posts in the discussion on two different days
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Best Practices include:
- Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
- Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
- Select different classmates for your reply each week.
Discussion Response 1
A significant shift in nursing from the pre-Nightingale years is that scholarly work began having an influence on nursing practice. Houser (2018) notes that the breakthroughs made by Nightingale lay the ground for the existence of…………………. (Purchase to access this and 9 MORE discussion responses to this week’s prompt – I have verified all the responses for quality!).