As we finish NR351, think about all the competencies you have explored in these eight weeks. Using reflective practice, address the following in your answer:
- Select two Massachusetts Nurse of the Future Nursing Core Competencies that you believe will have the most impact on your future professional nursing practice. Why are these the most important ones for you?
- Identify one AACN BSN Essential that will be most important in improving quality in your future nursing practice. Explain why you selected that essential and how your practice will be improved by its use.
The purpose of this reflection is for learners to reflect on essentials and competencies crucial to professional nursing.
This reflection enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 2: Identify safety and quality improvement strategies in nursing practice. (PO 7)
- CO 4: Apply concepts of ethics and professionalism to nursing practice, nursing roles, and academic development. (POs 5, 6)
- During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Saturday the end of the assigned week):
- Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
- Posts in the discussion on two different days
- Reflection is an activity that involves your deep thought into your own experiences related to the concepts of the week. Answers should be detailed. In reflections students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Scholarly sources are NOT required for this reflection
- Best Practices include:
- Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
- Enter the reflection often during the week to read and learn from posts.
- Select different classmates for your reply each week.
To view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric. See Syllabus for Grading Rubric Definitions.