- Please review the infographic as a way to guide you in getting started with your assignment: Developing an Assignment with Integrity
- View a short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment:
- This assignment will be in the format of a PowerPoint presentation (Bullet points and ‘Best Practices for PowerPoint’ should be used).
- You are developing this presentation as if you were going to communicate your analysis to your colleagues regarding a current federal bill you believe may be of interest to nurses.
- Go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/subjects/health/6130 (This is a required site for this assignment.)
- Choose a current health-related federal bill of interest from the required site. Read through the bill and develop a summary of the main points in your own words. Include the bill number and name. (You may also use H.R. or S.R. as these are bills in the resolution phase).
- Here is a link to our U.S. legislative process (bill to law) for review if you need to review how a bill becomes a law: https://www.congress.gov/legislative-process
- For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft Office 365 Training may be helpful.
- Include the following information in your presentation
- Title slide (Your name, NR451, session, Healthcare Policy assignment)
- Bill name and number (indicate either H.B./H.R. or S.B./S.R.)
- Bill summary (in your own words)
- Address how this bill might relate to a professional nursing practice standard if passed? If not passed? (Choose one standard from the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice textbook)
- How might the bill impact your own nursing practice if passed? If not passed?
- How might you communicate your concerns about or support for this bill to peers and legislators based on nursing practice, standards, or patient outcomes?
- How might this bill impact your community if passed?
- References slide to include the Bill source in APA format.
Cite the bill reference and any other reference in APA format directly on the slide where the source is used
No more than 12 slides
- Recommended headings for slides after the Title Slide: Bill Identification and Summary; Impact of Bill on Nursing Practice Standard; Impact of Bill on own Nursing Practice; Communication Strategies; Community Impact of the Bill; then, the References
The image below is part of the full solution.
The entire PPT is 11 slides long. [PURCHASE TO ACCESS FULL PPT].
There are no reviews yet.