By purchasing this solution, you get 10 DIFFERENT discussion response options for this week’s prompt so you’ll have different ideas to use.
All the provided answers are tutor-verified for quality!
This week we learned how research designs are different and help us to objectively study nursing problems; the key is to decide which type of research and design will serve the purpose or intent to find a solution. After completing Week 4 readings and lesson, answer the following:
- Reflect on your learning about Quantitative and Qualitative research; share two ways that helped you understand how they are different.
- Choose one category of study design that you found interesting and describe; include what you learned about the design and how you believe it can help study nursing problems.
- Refer back to your clinical nursing priority problem and evidence you located for your week 3 assignment: The nursing-evidenced practice (NEBP) committee has requested for you to make a recommendation to the team: Describe the type of research and the design that you believe would be the best way to study your problem. Discuss your rationale.
Students, this week will help us take a closer look at the different approaches or types of research. We will also review the designs that can be used to help us study our nursing problems. It is important to remember that there is no one best type of research as all are important in helping us to understand nursing practice problems.
Have an awesome week!
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 & 8)
- CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4 & 8)
- During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Sunday the end of the assigned week):
- Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
- Posts in the discussion on two different days
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Best Practices include:
- Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
- Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
- Select different classmates for your reply each week.
To view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric. See Syllabus for Grading Rubric Definitions.
Discussion Response 1
Hi Professor and Class,
Reading through this week’s lessons and assigned material, two things that helped me distinguish between quantitative and qualitative research are the kind of knowledge ……………………….. (Purchase to access this and 9 MORE discussion responses to this week’s prompt – I have verified all the responses for quality!).