Your purchase includes 10 DIFFERENT discussion response options for this prompt so you can get different ideas to work with.
All answers are verified!
Share your experiences with healthcare information systems, past or present. Has it been an easy transition or difficult? Why do you believe your experience has been positive or negative? If you are currently not working in a healthcare setting, how has the medical record exposure in nursing school impacted your current knowledge?
This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcomes (CO).
- CO3: Define standardized terminology that reflects nursing’s unique contribution to patient outcomes. (PO #3)
- CO4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers. (PO #4)
- During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Sunday the end of the assigned week):
- Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
- Posts in the discussion on two different days
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Best Practices include:
- Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
- Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
- Select different classmates for your reply each week.
To view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric. See Syllabus for Grading Rubric Definitions.
Discussion Response 1
My experience with healthcare information systems has been very positive. Last year we transitioned from Meditech to Cerner. We were all very anxious about the …………………………….. (Purchase to access this and 9 more VERIFIED and GRADED discussion responses for this week).